The Georgian colonial mansion is flanked by two colonnade walkways linking the mansion to two cottages. Through the colonnades, one can view the gardens that frame the home. The eight and one half acres feature one of the largest herb gardens maintained by the National Herb Society and a vegetable garden maintained by Master Garden Club.
Governor and Mrs. Sidney S. Mc Math began moving into the Governor’s Mansion on February 3, 1950. Governors who have since occupied the Mansion with their families include Francis Cherry, Orval E. Faubus, Winthrop Rockefeller, Dale Bumpers, David Pryor, Frank White, Bill Clinton, Jim Guy Tucker and Mike Huckabee.
The Governor's Mansion hosts many events throughout the year and offers public tours. For additional information about the Mansion, please visit the Arkansas Governors Mansion.