Scholastic Honors Day Information
In recognition of your academic achievement, Governor and Mrs. Mike Beebe cordially invite you to attend Scholastic Honors Day on May 3, 2014, at the Arkansas Governor’s Mansion in Little Rock.
Photos of Students and Families from Honors Day 2013
Click here for more photos from Honors Day 2013.
Information for Students and Families Invited to Attend Scholastic Honors Day 2014.
- Arrive 15 minutes earlier than your designated arrival time.
- Business attire is strongly encouraged.
- Immediate family is invited.
- Your picture will be taken with the Governor and the First Lady.
- You will receive a certificate of recognition.
- Student Ambassadors from higher-education institutions across Arkansas will be present to discuss their respective universities and answer any questions you may have.
- A voter-registration booth will be provided by the Secretary of State’s Office.
- The Little Rock Conventions and Visitors Bureau will provide information about local attractions.
- Honors Day activities include touring the Mansion and its landscaped gardens.
- There is no formal program.
- Refreshments and light snacks will be served.
- The address to the Arkansas Governor’s Mansion is 1800 Center Street, Little Rock.
(Do not go to the State Capitol.)
For Student Ambassadors from Institutions of Higher-Education
Thanks for agreeing to participate in Scholastic Honors Day 2014. Having student ambassadors from Arkansas colleges and universities at this event adds a personal touch to the occasion and gives these college-bound seniors a chance to ask questions and make new friends. Below, you will find some helpful tips for Honors Day.
- Please wear khaki slacks and any color shirt with your institution’s logo on it, so that you will be easy to identify.
- Arrive by 8:00 a.m. in order to have your photo taken with Governor and Mrs. Beebe.
- Parking is available on Louisiana Street. (see map below)
- You may be spending part of the day outdoors, so please feel free to bring sunscreen or an umbrella.
FAQ - for Student Ambassadors:
Can I bring my family members or friends?
No, as a volunteer for this event, you should anticipate a very demanding day of activities.
Will I have my picture made with Governor Beebe?
Yes, if you arrive on time. There is no guarantee there will be an opportunity to take a make-up photo.
Will lunch be provided?
No, but there will be light snacks and refreshments.
How do I enter the Governor’s Mansion?
Enter at the Louisiana Street gate. There will be a designated staff person from the Governor’s Office to direct you to the Grand Hall.
How long will the event last?
Student ambassadors should be available from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Call Tiffani Butler 501-683-6457
Things to Do in Little Rock
Little Rock’s attractions are as diverse as the city’s landscape, and offer a wide variety of fun. We cover it all – history, arts and culture, sustainability, nature, sports, urban outdoor adventure, family fun, and everything in between.
For a complete list of things to do while in Little Rock, visit: http://www.littlerock.com/things-to-do/.
Directions to Governor's Mansion
1800 Center Street
View Larger Map
Little Rock, AR 72206