Legislative Task Force on Healthcare Reform & Governor’s Advisory Council on Medicaid Reform
April 8, 2016, Governor Asa Hutchinson signs into law Arkansas Works. To view more about Arkansas Works, CLICK HERE.
Documents from August 10, 2016 Meeting:
Governor Hutchinson Updates Legislative Task Force on Arkansas Works Program; Burwell Meeting
Feburary 17, 2016
Governor Asa Hutchinson addressed members of the Legislative Healthcare Task Force and Medicaid Advisory Council on his recent meeting with HHS Secretary Sylvia Burwell in Washington regarding his Arkansas Works plan and the waivers required.
Joint Healthcare Task Force Address
August 19, 2015
Thank you Chairman Collins, Chairman Hendren, for your leadership. For the record, I’m Governor Asa Hutchinson and I appreciate the opportunity to speak to you today. I feel as if I’m appearing before a joint session of Congress. This is a very impressive gathering.
First of all, I want to express my appreciation to the leadership. Rep. Hendren and Rep. Collins have taken time out of their schedule to go with me to meet with Secretary Burwell, and I know personally how much time they’ve devoted to this, and I know... Read Full Transcript
- Medicaid Spending WITH Private Option
- Medicaid Spending WITHOUT Private Option
- Medicaid Impact on State Budget
- Seven Elements for Reform
Governor's Speech on Healthcare and Medicaid Reform in Arkansas
January 22, 2015
Thank you. Thank you, Dr. Rahn for your introduction and especially for your leadership at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and for this forum and this venue to talk about healthcare and its future in Arkansas.
I am delighted that there are a few people interested in this topic. The fact that you're here reflects the importance of this issue for our state, and I'm grateful for your presence here today. I'm particularly glad to see so many legislators that are in the room. I want to recognize Senator Jonathan Dismang for...Read Full Transcript
- Legislative Healthcare Task Force Members
- Legislative Healthcare Task Force – Overview
- Advisory Council Members
- Executive Order Establishing the Advisory Council on Medicaid Reform
- Guidelines for Healthcare Reform
- Arkansas Medicaid Overview
- Trends in Alternative Medicaid Coverage Initiatives
Other Stories Of Interest*:
*Viewpoints expressed in these stories do not necessarily reflect those of the Governor's Office.
John Stephen Group Reports:
- The Stephen Group (TSG) Status Report #1, June 11, 2015
- TSG Status Report #1 Appendix
- TSG Status Report #2, July 15, 2015
- TSG Status Report #2 Appendix
- TSG Update Report #2 PowerPoint Slides, July 15, 2015
- TSG Palmer-Chin Update Report #2 Powerpoint Slides, July 16, 2015
- Medicaid Advisory Council Feedback
- Developmental Disabilities Provider Association’s Feedback
- ACHI Health Policy Board Policy Positions and Statements
- Arkansas Health Mental Council
- FF/CFR’s Response
Updates from the Surgeon General