Our Office

Public Engagement

Director - Kimberly Davis
Director - Kimberly Davis

The Governor’s Public Engagement Department has direct contact with the citizens of the State of Arkansas on the Governor’s behalf. The members of this team answer letters, e-mails, and phone calls of those constituents who have questions or complaints about the agencies, boards, and commissions of the State. It is the responsibility of the counselor assigned to that agency, board, or commission to respond to the individuals promptly. Our team also prepares and produces all correspondence critical to the function of state government, including proclamations prepared in cooperation with the office of the Chief Legal Counsel.

Federal Issues

The Governor does not have jurisdiction over federal agencies or programs, such as Medicare, Social Security, and Immigration. Federal elected officials for the State of Arkansas are suited to assist or answer questions that relate to the United States federal government.

Contacts for Federal Issues/Questions:

President Joe Biden: www.whitehouse.gov

Information for your U.S. House of Representatives can be found at www.house.gov.

Information for your U.S. Senator can be found at www.senate.gov.

Local Issues

Governor Hutchinson does not have jurisdiction over city or county issues. Any questions or issues on the local level should be addressed with your elected representatives of local government or your Arkansas State Representative.

Questions and issues related to city government should be directed towards the Mayor or City Council members. Visit http://local.arkansas.gov/index.php to find your city elected officials and contact information.

Questions and issues related to county government should be directed towards your county’s elected officials. You can find your county elected officials by visiting http://www.arcounties.org/counties/.

Judicial Issues

The Governor’s office cannot provide legal advice or assistance to his constituents. Governor Hutchinson cannot intervene in court cases, handle judicial matters such as complaints against judges or other legal offices.

If you are needing legal counsel and cannot afford an attorney, Arkansas Legal Aid offers civil legal assistance for low-income Arkansans. Information on Arkansas Legal Aid can be requested online at http://arlegalaid.org/, or by calling (800) 952-9243.

For consumer complaints, you can contact the Office of the Attorney General by visiting https://www.arkansasag.gov or calling (501) 682-2007.

If you have a complaint against an attorney, you can contact the Arkansas Judiciary at (501) 376-0313, or visit their website https://www.arcourts.gov/

If you have a complaint against a judge or the courts, contact the Arkansas Judicial Discipline & Disability Commission at (501) 682-1050, or by their website https://www.jddc.arkansas.gov.

Constituent Services can help citizens in the following areas:

  • Arts
  • Education
  • Health and Human Services
  • Law Enforcement
  • Minority Affairs
  • Workforce Services
  • State Taxes
  • Agriculture
  • Legislative Issues
  • Environment
  • Grants
  • State Highways/Transportation

Important Links

Email or Call the Governor's Office

Request a Letter from the Governor

  • Select "Request Letter from Governor" in the Category dropdown menu
  • Please allow three weeks for letter requests.

Governor's Proclamations

View Proclamations

To request a Proclamation, please submit an Online Proclamation Request for consideration. Please allow thirty days for proclamation requests.

To request a photo with the Governor and your Proclamation please fill out the Online Scheduling Request for consideration. (Availability for a photo opportunity is at the discretion of the Scheduling Department and Senior Staff.)

Contact: (501) 682-3808

©2022 State of Arkansas. All Rights Reserved.