FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Now Hiring: Deputy Communications Director – Office of Governor Asa Hutchinson (Arkansas)
Deputy Communications Director – Office of Governor Asa Hutchinson (Arkansas)
The Deputy Communications Director assists the Communications Director in providing effective communications with the media and general public on a daily basis. Hours range and often include early mornings and later evenings, which may require work outside of the office. The ability to manage tight schedules and handle multiple tasks simultaneously is important.
The ability to write well – and quickly – is key for this position. In addition, the Deputy Communications Director must keep up to date with all major issues involving the office at all times.
The ideal candidate for Deputy Communications Director will possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related subject
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Communications and/or Journalism
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Background in journalism is ideal, preferably print
- Management experience preferred
- Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of state issues
- Ability to produce press releases and other written documents on a deadline
- Experience using Microsoft Office and enewsletter/marketing programs
Duties of Deputy Communications Director:
- Assist the Communications Director in researching, developing and drafting speeches, letters, opinion pieces and other printed communications for the Governor.
- Assist the Communications Director in developing messaging for the office.
- Write press releases as needed.
- Assist with the setting up and coordination of various media events, including: interviews, news briefings, speeches, talk shows, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
**Salary Commensurate with Experience**
If interested in this position, please email a resume and cover letter to JR.Davis@governor.arkansas.gov by April 4, 2016.