Federal Resources


Apply for Disaster Assistance through FEMA:

The fastest way to apply is through DisasterAssistance.gov.

You can also apply through the FEMA mobile app OR by calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362.

If you use a video relay service, captioned telephone service, or other communication services, please provide FEMA the specific number assigned for that service.


Currently assistance is available for individuals in Baxter, Benton, Boone, and Marion counties.

FEMA Disaster Recovery Center

Provides one-on-one help to Arkansans applying for assistance.

Northwest Arkansas Community College (NWACC)

Becky Paneitz Student Center, Room 108

1211 SE Eagle Way, Bentonville, AR

Open daily from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m

Note: The fastest way to apply for assistance is online at DisasterAssistance.gov

FEMA Mobile Registration Intake Center

Location: Falling Springs Church Parking Lot
Address: 21822 Falling Springs Rd, Decatur, AR
Hours: 8:30AM – 6:30PM Daily

The U.S. Small Business Association

Standing By Ready to Assist Arkansas Businesses and Residents

Low-interest federal disaster loans are now available to Arkansas businesses and residents as a result of President Biden’s major disaster declaration.

The declaration covers Benton, Boone and Marion counties as a result of the as a result of the
severe storms, straightline winds, tornadoes and flooding that occurred May 24 – 27.

Please visit sba.gov/disaster to apply for SBA assistance online.

Or download the form below for more information.

Apply in person:

World Trade Center

3300 S Market St, Suite 400, Rogers, AR
Hours: Mondays- Fridays 8AM – 5PM

Saturdays 8AM – 1PM

Costs of Generators and Chainsaws May Be Reimbursable

If you purchased or rented a generator or chainsaw because of the recent severe storms, straight-line winds, tornadoes and flooding that occurred May 24 to 27, you may be able to get reimbursed by FEMA for those expenses. The maximum reimbursement for a chainsaw is $219 and the maximum reimbursement for a generator is $629.

Please see attached document for information

FEMA Assistance

FEMA disaster assistance may provide funds for basic home repairs, rental for temporary housing and other uninsured expenses resulting from the severe storms, straight-line winds, tornadoes and flooding that occurred May 24-27 in Arkansas. It is not a replacement for insurance.

Housing Assistance

Home Repair or Replacement: Money to help you repair or replace your home damaged by the disaster. For example, this may include addressing mold caused by the disaster, or money for hazard mitigation measures. Mitigation measures are actions you can take when making repairs that will help reduce the amount of damage to your home in future disasters. The money can also help with pre-existing damage to parts of your home where the disaster caused further damage.

Accessibility Needs: Money to help survivors with a disability with specific repairs to make sure their home is accessible, such as an exterior ramp, grab bars, and paved path to the home entrance. Repairs can be made when these items are damaged. Improvements can be made when those features were not present prior to the disaster, and they are needed due to a pre-existing disability, or a disability caused by the disaster.

Privately-owned Roads, Bridges, Docks: Money for survivors whose only access to their home has been damaged by the disaster.

Rental Assistance: Money you can use to rent housing if you are displaced from your home because of the disaster.

Other Needs Assistance

Serious Needs: Money to help you pay for lifesaving and life-sustaining items, including water, food, first aid, prescriptions, infant formula, breastfeeding supplies, diapers, consumable medical supplies, durable medical equipment, personal hygiene items and fuel for transportation.

Displacement: Money to help with immediate housing needs if you cannot return to your home because of the disaster. The money can be used to stay in a hotel, with family and friends or for other options while you look for temporary housing.

Personal Property: Money to help you repair or replace appliances, room furnishings, a personal or family computer damaged by the disaster, books, uniforms, tools, additional computers and other items required for school or work, including self-employment.

Medical/Dental: Money to help you pay for medical expenses because the disaster caused an injury or illness. This money can also be used to help replace medical/dental equipment, breastfeeding equipment, or prescribed medicine damaged or lost because of the disaster.

Funeral: Money to help you pay for funeral or reburial expenses caused by the disaster.

Child Care: Money to help you pay for increased or new child care expenses caused by the disaster.

Assistance for Miscellaneous Items: Money to help you pay for specific items, (such as a generator, dehumidifier, chainsaw, etc.) that you purchased or rented after the disaster to assist with recovery. The miscellaneous items may be used for gaining access to your property or for cleaning efforts caused by the disaster.

Transportation: Money to help you repair or replace a vehicle damaged by the disaster when you don’t have another vehicle you can use.

Moving and Storage Expenses: Money to help you move and store personal property from your home to prevent additional damage, usually while you are making repairs to your home or moving to a new place due to the disaster.

Group Flood Insurance Policy: If your home is in a Special Flood Hazard Area and you have flood damage caused by the disaster, FEMA may purchase a Group Flood Insurance Policy on your behalf that gives you three years of coverage.

Clean and Sanitize: Money to help you pay for minor damage caused by the disaster to prevent additional loss and potential health or safety concerns. This money is only available in certain disasters if you had property damage but were not eligible for Home Repair or Replacement Assistance because FEMA determined you could still live safely in your home.